Divided We Stand

Americans are sick of partisanship, and Yahoo asked who we’re blaming, with surprising results:

But if partisanship is a problem, which party is to blame? More than 75,000 responses have come in on that question on Ask America, our informal polling forum, and a clear majority — 60 percent — blamed the Democrats.

Personally, I’m with this guy:

Back on the streets of D.C., many people see another source of our divisive political tone: the media.

Joe Coppola, 62, drove from Des Moines, Iowa to attend “Restore Sanity” with his wife, Cyndi. He believes America will never be able to unite as long as cable news exists.

“If reasonable, moderate opinions start attracting ratings and advertisers, then I think we might start listening to each other again,” he said. “But until that happens, I see no end in sight.”

While I do agree with Joe, it’s a bit ironic he said this at an event organized by the very media he’s blaming. Remember, Joe – the media exists to sell itself and not to create bi-partisanship.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Politics and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Divided We Stand

  1. vxbush says:

    Joe’s comment is more than a bit ironic. Too bad nobody got him to stop and think about what he had just said. :D

  2. 71LesPaul says:

    From what I can gather, the long-term political strategy of the Dems is to get 51% of the voters on the public dole and then make indentured servants of the other 49% to keep the cash rolling in to foot the ever increasing bill. The infighting will only get worse as time goes on. The ones receiving the largesse will become emboldened to demand more. The others get sick of trying to fill a bottomless pit. The media didn’t create this mess and they can’t fix it.

    • Drae says:

      You’re pretty close to right. Entitlement spending soon will be going to about 51% of the population, with the 49% supporting them – the tax rates will be outrageous. It’s the youth who will be footing the bill for the elderly – unless we make some serious reforms.

      Thankfully, the issue isn’t as bad here as it is in France, the rest of Europe, China, and Japan but it doesn’t mean we can continue to ignore it.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s